Wednesday, August 22, 2007

HEY GUYS! WHAT'S GOING ON?

Setting the scene last night:
8:30 pm. Little D and Princess Grabby Hands have been in bed for an hour and a half now. While PGH is snoozing, I hear LD counting loudly in his bedroom. My guess is as good as yours. Maybe he’s counting sheep….who knows!

I’m sitting at the computer and daddy is washing dishes. Yes…some men actually do wash dishes and aren’t I one of the lucky one’s to have found one? Ok…so it was a deal that he had to do the dishes after he broke my new dishwasher so it’s not because he likes to do them. I always jokingly remind him that NO MAN WAS EVER SHOT WHILE DOING THE DISHES to which he just rolls his eyes at me….but I digress….

Ok…sitting at computer, hubby doing dishes. All of a sudden we hear “HEY GUYS! WHAT GOING ON?” We both turn to see a little 3’3” frame standing in footed dinosaur jammies with arms stretched out towards both of us. We both look at him and at each other for a full minute before we fully realize that this little person isn’t supposed to be out here. A grin on Little D’s face that could out shine a Cheshire cat challenges us to hold back our smiles so we don’t encourage him.

ME: What are you doing out here?

LD: I wuv you mommy.

ME: I love you too but you are supposed to be in bed.

LD: What going on?

ME: You going back to bed is what’s going on!

LD: (crawling on my lap and proceeding to kiss me 4 times on the lips) Wuv you mommy.

DAD: No kissing up to mommy. Off to bed with you.

LD: Wuv you daddy.

DAD: Love you too but you still have to go back to bed.


LD: Mommy!

ME: BED KIDDO!!!

LD: NIGHT NIGHT GUYS!

ME and DAD: Love you! Night night!

LD: (as we are shutting the door) ONE TWO FEE POUR PIVE SITS SEMIN EIGHT NINE TEN LEBIN TELB TERTEEN PERTEEN PITEEN SITSTEEN SEMINTEEN EIGHTEEN NINETEEN MANY…..

Finally off to sleep after about a hundred rounds of counting to twenty!

Ahhhhhh my day is done and it will begin again with Little D and Princess Grabby Hands in the morning!

No comments: