Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Princess Grabby Hands needs more fiber!

I know…you wonder where are the posts about Princess Grabby Hands….The 1 year old wonder! She is more subdued. Laid back little gal.

PGH doesn’t want to walk because she can get where she is going much faster on her hands and knees. She can, mind you, but just won’t. I have no clue where she gets her stubbornness from! (Ducking away from point fingers now)

Princess Grabby Hands is called such because she can grab everything in a 10 mile radius with those little paws before you can even blink! The child can pick a tiny speck the size of a pin head off of the carpet and get it into her mouth just seconds after I vacuum!

PGH will eat anything and everything. Let’s just say that there are some days I am just happy she got into one thing and not the other. Case in point:

One day I hear silence. No….not nap time. Trouble is brewing most likely. Just as I am about to get up to look for Thing one and Thing two, Little D comes flying into the living room brushing his hair with a toilet brush. THANK GOD IT WAS ONLY A WEEK OLD AND ONLY USED ONCE! EWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

All at once I panic! I now realize the kids got into the bathroom. I run in there to see PGH on the floor surrounded by toilet paper still attached to the roll on the wall but strewn throughout the bathroom. A wad of TP was in her mouth. Just as I was about to freak out, I realized that she was only about a foot away from the cat box. It was at that moment I realized that a little extra TP fiber in the diet is not bad compared with what she could be eating! The thought of cat box tootsie rolls in her mouth just makes me want to heave! I am so glad LD got her preoccupied with TP so she didn’t even notice the cat box!

I guess this is a “don’t sweat the small stuff” moment. I know with those two there will be many chances to be partners in crime! When you have two kids only a year and a half apart, anything can happen! Brace yourself Mommy….you’re in for a long ride! LOL

No comments: